Dear friends-fans of antique models!
Welcome to the official website of the XIX. European SAM RC Championship, which will take place this year in Slovakia, in Nitra, on 25.VI. -30. VI. 2023. At the Nitra - Janíkovce International Airport (ICAO abbreviation LZNI) it is located approximately 3 km south of the city of Nitra, next to the village of Janíkovce. The airport is operated by Aeroklub Nitra. In addition to the club, two companies operate here: Aero Slovakia (aeronautical works) and Aeropro (manufacturer of ultralight aircraft "Eurofox").
Nitra can be easily reached by car. Motorways and expressways are part of the European network of international roads and are charged with electronic tolls from 1 January 2016. E-stamps can be purchased at gas stations or via the internet portal eznamka.sk
This year is the 19th championship, the founder of which was Domenico Bruschi. Honor to his memory, and thanks for establishing this tradition!
The sequence of the venue of our meetings was as follows :
2. EUROCHAMP SAM 2004 = GERMANY, Bad Neustadt
3. EUROCHAMP SAM 2005 = CZECH REPUBLIC, Dvůr Králové
4. EUROCHAMP SAM 2006 = ITALY, Valle Gaffaro
5. EUROCHAMP SAM 2007 = SLOVAKIA, Boleráz
6. EUROCHAMP SAM 2008 = ITALY, Valle Gaffaro
7. EUROCHAMP SAM 2009 = GERMANY, Suhl
8. EUROCHAMP SAM 2010 = CZECH REPUBLIC, Jeseník
9. EUROCHAMP SAM 2011 = SAN MARÍNO, Torraccia
10. EUROCHAMP SAM 2012 = SLOVAKIA, Dubnica nad Váhom
11. EUROCHAMP SAM 2013 = HUNGARY, Jakabszállás
12. EUROCHAMP SAM 2014 = ITALY, Valle Gaffaro
13. EUROCHAMP SAM 2015 = CZECH REPUBLIC, Ivančice, Czech Heaven
14. EUROCHAMP SAM 2016 = BELGIUM, Cerfontaine
15. EUROCHAMP SAM 2017 = SLOVAKIA, Nitra
16. EUROCHAMP SAM 2018 = HUNGARY, Jakabszállás
17. EUROCHAMP SAM 2019 = ITALY, Aguscello
18. EUROCHAMP SAM 2022 = CZECH REPUBLIC, Czech heaven (after 2 years of covid break)
19. EUROCHAMP SAM 2023 = SLOVAKIA, Nitra
You must have noticed that Italy (5x), Czech Republic (4x), Slovakia (4x), Hungary (2x), Germany (2x), Belgium (1x) and San Marino (1x) alternate most often. Therefore, I hereby invite our friends from Poland and Romania to try to organize this meeting of ours!
Hungary will be hosted the jubilee 20th European Championship! Fingers crossed!
We should agree on the organization of the next European Championship of SAM RC models at the meeting of the presidents of European SAM organizations in Nitra, which will take place on the first day of the championship.
This year's SAM RC European Championship will follow slightly modified rules, which you can also find on this page. I am asking everyone who is thinking about participating in the XIX. European Championship of SAM RC models to carefully read the current rules once again so that there are no conflicting situations.
On the website you will also find online registration of competitors and their models.
The deadline for last registration is June 4, 2023
The entry fee is set at EUR 10 for each model.
Payment will be made at registration.
The organizer reserves the right to change the competition schedule.
The organizational team has done and will do everything to make you feel as good as possible here in Slovakia, in Nitra. I warmly welcome you and look forward to meeting you!
president of SAM119
ACCOMMODATION and PARKING
We also have approximately 20 places available directly at the airport at a price of EUR 12 per night for one person (please order by e-mail: email@example.com).
Accommodation for caravan, trailer or tent is also possible in the airport campsite, EUR 10 per person per night in a caravan or trailer or tent ...every other person in a caravan, trailer or tent pays 7 euros per night.
Parking at the airport for competitors - directly at the starting area, even with a shelter or tent erected, is included in the price of EUR 20 for the entire stay.
On this area it is also possible to sleep in a tent or a car without a water connection, without an electricity connection, 2 portable toilets are provided.
FREE TIME ACTIVITIES
visiting the city of Nitra: https://www.nitra.eu/8593/top-10-nitry
Polný Kesov only 25 km from the airport: https://thermalnitrava.sk
Podhájska 33 km from the airport: https://tkpodhajska.sk
CHEAT SHEET OF 10 INCREDIBLY USEFUL SLOVAK PHRASES
Zoznam 10 užitočných slovenských fráz
1. Ako sa máš? [ako sa mash] | How are you?
We Slovaks really mean it and we expect a sincere answer. Depending on how close we are to you, you should choose level of sincerity / politeness. If we are just colleagues who are not really close, it’s okay to say some general information. But if you are my friend, or a closer coworker, I expect to hear details.
The Slovak language is all about being specific and detailed. “I’m fine,” just will not do. We want to know why you are fine.
2. Nech sa páči [nyeh sa paatshi] | Here you are
Often heard in restaurants when ordering a meal, when being served drinks, or even when someone holds the door for you. It’s super confusing, I know! But don’t worry; it is just a polite way to say ‘There you go.’
3. V pohode [fpohodye] | It’s cool / It’s okay
This phrase established its place in the Slovak language just in recent years. Its meaning connects to anything that you want someone to be cool about. It also means you are saying that something is good, e.g. “This club is v pohode.”
4. Jedno pivo, prosím [yedno pivo proseem] | One beer, please
Slovaks celebrate everything with alcohol. Whether it’s just an ordinary night out, promotion at work, or your birthday, one day you will need to order a beer. Beer comes in two traditional sizes: big one (veľké) which is 0.5 litre and small one (malé) which is 0.3 litre. Guys rarely order a small one (just fyi, so be careful when ordering).
5. Na zdravie [na zdravye] | Cheers! / Bless you!
This is one of the first things you learn right after you learn to order a beer. You will hear it everywhere when you try to socialize. Every time you have drinks with someone, and it may be even a soft drink like our traditional wannabe Coca-Cola called Kofola. This common phrase is accompanied with toasting glasses against each other: first with top of the glass, then bottom, and then one more slam against table and you’re good to drink your beer.
Na zdravie is also phrase that we use when someone sneezes.
6. Dobrú chuť [dobroo hut] | Enjoy your meal
Wishing someone bon appetit when he/she is eating is something you can learn from any conversation book or tourist guide. But what do you reply? There are few options ready for this situation. One of them is replying with the same phrase — “dobrú chuť.” The other one is “podobne.” Its meaning is “Same to you,” however, it literally means similarly. You can also say “ďakujem, aj tebe” — meaning, “Thank you, to you too.”
7. Prosím [proseem]
The most universal word in the world! Prosím means please. It also means here you are. It means shock. It means you’re welcome. It means I want. It means asking for a favour. It means WTF. It means basically everything that bitte means in German.
8. Fakt [fucked] | Really?!
All foreigners think Slovaks swear a lot because they hear the word ‘fakt‘ pronounced as English ‘fucked’ everywhere they go. So what’s the matter with us Slovaks? Fakt means ‘really’ in a matter of a shock, as in “Really?!” or “Are you serious?!” Slovaks just use fakt.
Once I was travelling with my friend and her English fiance in my car and we were talking about something in Slovak and every other word we used was fakt. After five minutes, her fiancé shyly asked “Excuse me, but what does fakt mean?”
9. Four levels of Slovak love
Slovaks express their love or affection toward anything in four levels:
1. Páčiš sa mi [paatshish sa me]: related to something you encountered for the first time, “I like (how) you (look).”
2. Mám ťa rád [maam tya raad]: related to something you already experienced or saw before and enjoyed it. You can like your friend, you can like thai food, you can like pink color.
3. Ľúbim ťa [lyoobim tya]: first level of “I love you.” You can love your parents, or your boyfriend/girlfriend, your family, your friends.
4. Milujem ťa [miluyem tya]: the higher level of loving someone or something (close to adoring) and this is usually used for long-term boyfriend or girlfriend, or husband and wife.
10. Ja som s tebou husi nepásol [ya som styebow hoosi nyepaasol]
If you need to put someone in their place, this phrase is ideal. It literally means, “I haven’t herded geese with you,” meaning, you might be a shepherd, but I’m the boss here. Parents use this phrase on their kids when kids get too rude.